Who: The Haslett Soccer Club (HSC) helps promote soccer activities for the community, including direct oversight of teams that compete in the Capital Area Soccer League (CASL; www.caslsoccer.org).
What: The HSC is holding tryouts for teams for the Fall 2018-Spring 2019 seasons. Attendance at tryouts is mandatory. We will be forming one or more teams at each of the following age groups:
- 2009 (U10)
- 2008 (U11)
- 2007 (U12)
- 2006 (U13)
- 2005 (U14)
- 2004 (U15 Non-High School)
- 2003 (U16; Girls Fall only; Boys Spring only)
- 2002-2000 (U19; Girls Fall only; Boys Spring only)
*please direct questions about eligibility to email@example.com
Where: Wilkshire Practice Fields (on the west side of Academic Way, across from Wilkshire Elementary).
- Girls - Wednesday, June 20th, 6:30-8:00 pm (arrive at 6:00).
- Boys - Thursday, June 21st, 6:30-8:00 pm (arrive at 6:00).
- Rain Date - Friday, June 22nd – only if 20th and/or 21st are postponed. 6:00-8:00 pm (arrive at 5:30).
- Evaluations – Evaluations will be conducted by independent observers with support from team coaches. Players should be prepared for a number of basic soccer skills (ball handling, dribbling, juggling) and small-sided scrimmages (1v1, 3v3, 6v6).
- Equipment – Bring your ball, shin guards, cleats, and water.
- Season Fees – If selected for a team, annual fees are $180, which includes club, team equipment, game and field fees. Uniforms, travel, personal equipment and tournaments are extra and vary for each team and may amount to an additional ~$50-$150. Financial assistance is available upon request.
- Players will be notified of their status within one week following tryouts.
- Additional Soccer Opportunities – Recreational (e.g., non-tryout, less competitive) soccer opportunities are available through Haslett Community Education (2nd-8th Grade, Eastside Soccer League) and Haslett Youth Recreational Association (K-3rd grade).